As a small grant giving organization, the Gere Foundation awards grants to groups that are dedicated to the cultural preservation of Tibet and the Tibetan people; dedicated to providing READ MORE...
HIV/AIDS care, research and treatment and to those organizations addressing human rights violations throughout the world.The Gere Foundation contributes directly to The Tibet Fund, supporting His Holiness the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan community-in-exile. Dislocated from their homeland since 1959 and under the continuing brutal occupation of the Chinese, thousands of Tibetan refugees risk their lives every year escaping to freedom in India, Nepal, Mongolia and elsewhere. lire la suite...
The goal of the Gere Foundation is to alleviate suffering and advocate for the people of Tibet.
The Gere Foundation's grant recipients include:
- International Campaign for Tibet
- Tibet Fund
- Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition
- Pundarika Foundation
- The Tibetan Children's Villages
- Rato, Sera, Drepung and Ganden Monasteries, India
- Students for a Free Tibet
- Tricycle, The Buddhist Review
- Wisdom Publications
- Snow Lion Books
- Rangjung Yeshe Publications
- Lama Yeshe Wisdom Archive
- Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch for their work in global human rights with particular emphasis on China and Tibet
- Oxfam America, the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) for their work in famine, war, and disaster relief
- AMFAR, AIDS ReSearch Alliance, AIDS Project of Los Angeles, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, Children Affected by AIDS, Harvard AIDS Institute, Naz Foundation and many other groups and research projects for their continuing fight against HIV/AIDS and their outreach to assist its victims.