Losar Celebration with Art Auction and Fundraising EventIn honor of Losar, the Tibetan New Year, The Tibetan Gallery & Studio and The Dalai Lama Foundation present a special celebration featuring an art auction and fundraising event. The auction will include a Tibetan thangka and works by Tashi Dhargyal, founder of the Tibetan Gallery & Studio, as well as selected works from The Dalai Lama Foundation's art exhibition,
The Missing Peace: Artists Consider the Dalai Lama.
The event will open with a special blessing by local Tibetan monks and there will be a silent auction as well as a live auction featuring art as well as experiential items.
Hors d'oeuvres will be provided regional restaurants with wines by Marimar Estates, La Follette, Hestan Vineyards and nonalcoholic beverages provide by The Kefiry. We will also be sampling some traditional Losar foods.
In addition to the auctions, live entertainment will be featuring Tibetan musicians.
ABOUT THE TIBETAN GALLERY & STUDIO
The Tibetan Gallery & Studio is home to Tibetan thangka painting master, Tashi Dhargyal. He is the first Tibetan to paint a giant ceremonial thangka, known as thanbhochi, outside Tibet. It is estimated it will take five years to complete, after which it will tour museums, and be donated to a monastery in Tibet.
The two-story canvas is comprised of 37 Buddhas, deities and teachers.
The Gallery is fiscally sponsored and has the aim of preserving Tibetan art.
ABOUT THE DALAI LAMA FOUNDATION
The Dalai Lama Foundation is a non-profit, charitable organization that was established in 2002, with the Dalai Lama's endorsement and advice.
The mission of The Dalai Lama Foundation is to support the development of our shared global capacity for ethics and peace, based on a non-dogmatic ethic of compassion
- Teaching 2016- 2017 Enseignements du Dalaï Lama
- Conférences de Matthieu Ricard 2016
- Oeuvres collaboratives
- Littérature & poésie
- Les livres du Dalaï Lama
- La vie du Bouddha historique
- Animaux du Tibet en voie de disparition
- Le Tibet en un coup d’oeil. Chronologie historique détaillée du Tibet
- Le traité Tibet-Mongolie de 1913, une preuve de l’indépendance du Tibet
- His Holiness the 14 th Dalaï Lama of Tibet
- Depuis Le 1er Dalaï-Lama
- Maitres tibétains en France
- Écoles tibétaines en France et Démographie
- Mes toiles série 'Terres Indiennes' d'après l'ouvrage d'Olivier FÖLLMI ' Hommage à l'Inde.
samedi 18 janvier 2014
Losar Celebration with Art Auction and Fundraising Event
Libellés : Losar